Monday, March 15, 2010

A Tall Cold One


I didn't realize how soothing it is to write about what has happened....I want to share a few things that have happened over the last month....A couple nights after we came home from the hospital Doug and I went to the store together for some ice packs...my milk had come in and I was in pain...we were walking through the isles looking for the ice packs when we both spotted the IBC bottles and just started to laugh...i'm not sure why...maybe because we were both thinking the same thing...then I said "I just need a tall cold one tonight"....we were in the grocery store laughing...this was the first time I laughed since we lost Olivia...so, every night since then we share a "tall cold one" (my sister has kept us stocked) with chocolate chip cookies (Emily makes the best cookies and gave us about 4 dozen cookies at the funeral...we froze them so we could have them longer...too bad she lives in Tustin...we are running low!:) we just sit for a few moments and talk about our difficult day....sometimes it feels so good to laugh....

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this story. :) And I love that you blogged twice recently! So good to hear from you.

Lindsey said...

I just changed my blogger name from Cooksey (my maiden name) to my real name. Did you know it was me? Oops. Love you guys.

Mallory Lindstrom said...

Your story touches me so much and I can't even imagine the feelings you are going through. I admire your strength so much. Thinking of you often <3

Bren said...

I love it Heather! Leave it to you guys to make lemonade out of lemons!

Love you!!