I just finished putting the kids to bed...and I am still shaken up by what happened today....in Evan's prayer tonight he said "please bless that we will never have a day like today and thank you for protecting us." Audrey said "thank you Heavenly Father for protecting us today."
We went to Costco today had lunch with the kids and were shopping for the party tonight. We had just put the last thing we needed in our cart when the store employees asked us to evacuate the building...we thought it was a fire or something small...they made it sound like we were going to come right back. So, we started to get the kids together and someone said "he has a gun", so Doug and I hurry out with the kids and stand in front of the door (we still weren't sure what was happening)....I told Doug I didn't feel good about standing there (the policemen around us had their guns out and ready to shoot...i've never seen that)....Doug was trying to figure out what was going on then he saw a policeman bring his gun up and get ready to fire...I turned around and saw this guy that looked disgruntled and someone yelled get down on the ground....so, I grabbed Evan and got on top of him and Doug grabbed Audrey and dove behind a pillar and reached out for Evan and me.
We crawled out over the kids to our car and drove away (I didn't want to look back and see what was happening)....I was shaken up a lot....Evan and Audrey were scared and we could not believe what just happened....as it turned out the officer who said get down was talking to the guy behind me who was getting a gun out....you can read more about it here (we were right by the tires)....I'm so thankful we were protected....
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
whoa, that is crazy. so glad you guys were smart and left. how scary.
Oh my gosh Heather, that is crazy! So glad it ended okay for you.
How horrible. We are glad you are all safe.
What a world we live in now huh? Aaron and I talk about what we'd do in situations like these. Can't believe we even have to. I am so glad you guys are safe. Thank goodness for our serviceman. UGH.
Oh my goodness! That is scary. That's stuff you usually just see on the news, not actually be part of it. Yikes.
i have nightmares about things like that happening all the time you are so brave!! glad you are all safe, what a scary day
So Sorry you guys had to experience that. Nothing ever happens up there! We are glad you made it out safely.
HEATHER! I'm so glad to know you guys were protected--what a NIGHTMARE! Hope you all recover from being traumatized by the experience. I hope I would've been as smart as you guys were in that situation! Maybe you should shop at Smart & Final for a while.
HEATHER! I'm so glad to know you guys were protected--what a NIGHTMARE! Hope you all recover from being traumatized by the experience. I hope I would've been as smart as you guys were in that situation! Maybe you should shop at Smart & Final for a while.
This is crazy! What a terrifying experience for your family! I'm so glad you got outta there safe and sound! (And when I went to Costco the other day, it made me think of you!)
I remember Kim calling me and telling me about this day and I remember we were saying how crazy it was and scary and were so glad everything turned out ok.
That seems like forever ago.
Post a Comment