Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blanca = Beautiful

I just wanted to post a small tribute to my darling friend Blanca who I knew mainly as "Nelly"...on Saturday I went to her funeral. It was a beautiful service....I worked with Blanca for many years and she was a beautiful person inside and out...we shared the same birthday (same day and same year)...we had always planned on celebrating our 30th birthdays together....unfortunately she did not make it to our 30th....

I am sad at her passing....she was a very happy, kind, and loving person...everywhere she went people were drawn to her by her smile....whenever we would visit her she would have a fabulous meal for us...and always a few treats for Evan...Evan loved to sing to her....She will be missed by all who knew her...

1 comment:

ymcneil said...

Heather,

So sweet of you to mention Nelly. It is hard to imagine she'll never come back to work. When Nathan & Justin made it to 5th grade, they were taught to write in a specific style called "heart & mind". Copying Nathan I wrote something for Nelly/Blanca:

Nelly - Blanca

My mind tells me she is in a better place where she can dance again
where she can be free,
free of pain, free from me, free from you

Where she can breath again without strain, where she can be herself again
Sweet, radiant, compassionate, affecting

My heart tells me that its aching
that its heavy with sadness and sorrow
that my loss so profound, so eternal
my friend is gone, gone forever

My mind tells me I will see her again, and she’ll be waiting
So long my friend until we meet again

April 28, 2007